Thursday, November 18, 2010

Snow and Fire

There's more and more snow on the hills here - some of the ski resorts open this weekend.  There was ice on the grass this morning - not frost, actually slushy ice.  I really should get out my winter coat!  The wood stove has been going, keeping us toasty warm, perhaps a little too warm occasionally.  I don't think they've closed the pass yet, but it won't stay open much longer.  The forecast is for cold from the north, and then a storm from the south, so we could be seeing snow on the ground soon.  We might need to put some snow on Meghan!

Meghan's been home since mid-day yesterday with a fever and occasional stomach pains.  The fever has hit triple digits, but Tylenol seems to bring it down quickly.  The pain seems to have left (wrong side for appendicitis), but general lethargy and no appetite have stuck around so far.  I've heard of a bug going around with similar effects, so I'm not too worried, just trying to keep her hydrated.  There's a lot planned for this weekend, some of which has other people counting on both parents to be present (unfortunately, at over 2 hours apart).  Sigh.  We'll see how it goes!  I might need to apply some of that snow to myself, to just chill!

No comments: