Monday, January 19, 2009

Yet Another Crazy Week


Bathing Beauties!


Sooner or later a week is going to be slow! What started out as what should be quiet did not turn out that way. Monday was quiet, got lots done at home. Tuesday was trial by fire. I noticed the oil light on the van intermittently coming on as I went to Meghan's school to volunteer. When I got done, I checked the van's oil - there wasn't ANY! There was some nice rainbows forming in the water under the van. I called a friend to see if she could get some oil for me, so I could drive it to the mechanic. When she got there, she reminded me of my AAA card, and that driving without oil could seize the engine. So, I had it towed to the mechanic. In the mean time, she picked up Jenna and Jasmine and took them to lunch. I called her when I was done, and she took us home. Thank goodness for great friends! The mechanic fixed the van that day (oil pressure switch), Mark paid for it over the phone, and got the key on his way home (too late to go and get it - Council night). We got up when Mark left for work the next morning and went to get the van on his way in (4:30am). Wed was a Children's Council meeting in the morning, volunteer in Jenna's class since I didn't the day before, and take her to her 4 year check up. She is very healthy, 3'3" and 34lb. She got her last round of shots before kindergarten - only a little whimper, and she watched the needles go in (4 shots)! What a trooper! Wed night was the first class for DCYP. Thursday Mark and I had breakfast in Hamilton, and put in half of the laminate flooring in the living room, along with paint that half of the room, and volunteer in DK. Friday was the first day I've missed Meghan's bus, so I took her to school, had class at Good Beginnings, got Meghan after school (she's out at 11 on Friday - no DK), grabbed lunch, dropped the girls at a friend's house in Woolley, and had Meghan's IEP meeting - an hour meeting turned into 2.5 hours. Sat was speech and errands while Mark stayed home to get stuff done. Yesterday we did more flooring. Today friends came over to play for the afternoon. This week I have volunteering tomorrow, a morning meeting and class Wed, finish the flooring Thur. Aykarumba! No wonder I don't get much beadwork done!

No comments: