Sunday, January 11, 2009

Back to Normal?



The water has mostly receded into it's regular pathways, the hills have stopped slip-sliding away, and tomorrow the girls go to school while I get to stay home for a change. Aside from putting away about 2 weeks of the girl's clothing (why is that something I always put off?) I should be free to bead myself silly.
I did get to spend about an hour outside today, taking all of the dead stuff (glads, lupine, dahlias) out and trimming back the fuchsia bushes. I'm already planning the veggie garden for next year. I took a look at it today, and pulled up some carrots. This is a saguaro carrot (not really, it just grew like that). We purchased some flexible pipe and plastic to make covers for some of the raised beds, to try and extend our oh-so-short growing season. They've already had seeds on sale here, so I scarfed up most of the ones I need - they didn't have the marine heliotrope, so I'm still looking for that. It's supposed to help attract pollinating bugs, especially for tomatoes.
This week doesn't look bad, except for Wed - potential Children's Council meeting, get back in time to take Jenna to her 4 year check up (and shots) and then possibly the Developing Capable Young People class in the evening. I took the class last year (10 weeks, Wed evening) but I'm seriously considering auditing it this year as a refresher - I'm not the only one either! Tuesday is Council, Friday is the parent class at preschool. I'll just be glad if the girls get to go to school for the entire week!

No comments: