Sunday, November 30, 2008

Time Flies Again

Children's Museum, drum room


So, another 2 weeks went by! We all had a stomach bug. Mark thinks it was some bananas I bought, so the remainder promptly got composted. He was the last afflicted, and less so than the rest of us. Meghan missed the 2 days of school she would have gone last week.

Thanksgiving was none eventful, since we all had tender bellies. I got a ham, since Mark gets a turkey for Christmas from the company - why buy one when I'll be getting one? I made a little stuffing, some potatoes from the garden, and that was it. Black Friday I went shopping, something I haven't done in a very, very long time. The girls came with me, and we all did very well! I got some great deals on clothing and coats, and the girls got stuffed puppies that they waited in line almost an hour to pay for! We hit 8 stops before Mark got off work and picked them up. Usually I have most of my shipping done by now, but I didn't this year. Now I am just a few things shy of shipping! We made a list of what to get people, and that made it a lot easier.
I took the girls to the Children's Museum one day, and their friends Carson and Evan came after a bit. They had so much fun playing there! Meghan's discovered the crane has a working microphone, so she loves to talk into the mic. I've book their party room for Jenna's birthday party the Sat before Christmas. The next day they were invited to a party at a place called Jungle Playland. The party was cancelled due to illness, but the girls stayed and played anyway. It has a huge play structure with 3 different slides, and a ball pit that you can send balls up to a barrel above the pit, and periodically it dumps the balls back down. Meghan and Jenna were literally swimming in the balls.
Some of the neighbors have lights up, and ours will probably go up this week. This Christmas season may actually be less busy than the months before it, which would be a nice change of pace so we can enjoy it.

No comments: