Sunday, September 28, 2008

Where Did the Week Go?


This evening Mark fixed the brakes on the tractor, so he took the girls for a ride to test them out - they always love that!

This is Jenna after eating blackberries while we waited for Meghan's bus! She still wants to eat more, but the vines are pretty much done.

This week Wed and Thur I was dealing with Boy Scout popcorn all day. Sat we went to Burlington's pumpkin pitch - teams build trebuchets, medieval catapults, and throw pumpkins. Burlington has had to change from going for distance to accuracy, the larger ones are starting to hit houses! This year they landed one right in front of the cart the surveyors (they measure the distance from the targets) were in! Next Sat is a pumpkin pitch in Snohomish - that's where they'll go for distance. We've seen one of them break the world record in Burlington!

Oh, and currently I'm the acting Mayor - Tim left town, didn't tell anyone, so I have no idea when he'll be back, and I'm mayor pro tem - therefore, I'm in charge! Yikes! Thank goodness I have some great people on council with me.

No comments: